08 February 2011

Bunny Hop

Even though we arrived in the Year of the Tiger, a fortuitous year that brought good news for both of us, and much sought after academic accomplishments for Z, it is well established that this is my year to explore: The Year of the Rabbit.

I have also deemed this year:
The Year(s) of Before We Have Kids
The Year of Before More Responsibilities
The Year of Before A&Z Truly Become Adults (will that happen in the next decade?) 
The Year of Making Decisions and Not Making Decisions 
The Year To Look Back On
The Year of Making A Fool of Myself, Not on Purpose, on Several Occasions
The Year of Trying Newer Foods
The Year of Perhaps Not Allowing Loud Neighborly Sounds and General Apartment Living-isms to Annoy Me
The Year of Updating My Resume
The Year of Learning More About Me and My New Hidden Talents

I have also decided that from this year forward, I will make any resolutions starting only during the Chinese New Year and no sooner, no matter my geographical position on this planet. The Eastern Standard Time New Year is all well and good, but making promises to myself on the eve of December 31 can easily be postponed a month or so. This way those promises won't be broken until later into the calendar year. Logic prevails!


No comments:

Post a Comment