22 December 2010

I'll be Home for Christmas

There has been a Christmas tree surrounded by a row of faux poinsettias in our lobby since we moved into this building in September. Who knows how long the tree has been standing since before then? So, you could say that I have been anticipating this Christmas for a while now; it's hard to ignore Santa's trappings when I am greeted by them every day, heading out into either sunshine or snowflakes.  OK. So, no snow. yet. But you get the point.




Speaking of the jolly fat man, if Santa can make it all the way around the globe in one night delivering presents, how is it that I must endure a 14 hour plane ride to get only half-way around the globe? I have presents to give, too. Couldn't the big guy loan out some of his elves and reindeer a few days before Christmas to this girl from Jersey?

I wonder if Santa appreciates his time traveling talents? I will have a touch of that Christmas magic with me over the next 24 hours because I will arrive in Newark at the same date and time on the calendar as I departed Beijing. I'll be a little more weary than when I left Beijing, but it's magical nonetheless. Oh, so is the plane food. magical. And the other passengers. especially magical. And the anticipation of Newark. mag.i.cal.

Does it feel like the end of the first semester of college for you, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment