19 January 2011

Another trusted list

Remind me to tell you more in depth about the following things:

(1) A Chinese dish I do not know the name of, but which reminds me of a meal served to me during my childhood: Glop.
(1a) How I made a hybrid Chinese meal the other day, and made (read: was forced to make) a last minute decision to serve the meal with leftover rice instead of the noodles. I know. The suspense is killing you. These kinds of dishes will henceforth be known as Chlop. Chinese Glop. Already, I've told you too much in this teaser.

(2) This is the most polluted city in which I have lived (the London skies got nothin on Beijing), but it somehow also manages to be the cleanest city.

(3) My new Mandarin class.

(4) The Lama Temple. We have been there twice, and still can not believe I haven't said a word about it! OK. I said one word about it - that we were there with the Uncles. But I didn't give it it's shining bloggable moment it deserves.

(5) Tickets are going fast my friends! All of April is practically sold out, and part of May, too. That's right. We're anticipating more visitors!

(6) David Sedaris is coming to town. Now I just need to find his new book. In English. Before next Saturday. oh, and I need to read it, too.

(7) The new toaster oven. I kid. Of course you already know about it. Do you want to hear about the chicken I made in it the other day? Still. I kid.

(8) My new self-imposed food challenge. I will pick out an item unrecognizable to me from the grocery store or outdoor market each week. I will post its picture on the blog and together, we can figure out what to do with said fruit/vegetable/mineral/meat. Perhaps door prizes will be awarded for creative or correct answers.

(9) We are going to Hong Kong at the end of February/beginning of March. I know. It's forever away. And it's so dreadfully cold these days I fear February may never show itself.

(10) Nine items seemed inadequate. I suppose a list of 10 is just as arbitrary. Oh! I got it! Wait 'til you see my sister's cupcakes. err. uh. I mean, wait 'til you see the cupcakes my sister made for our departure back to Beijing! You'll be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment