17 October 2010

"Show 'em you're a tiger..."

Think of a place that overwhelms you with a profound sense of your own existence and being. Yes, it's that dramatic, today. Think of a place that is monumental, breathtaking, powerful, historically rich and rare. 

Now, describe that same place in one word. 
That's it?! Great. That's the word you have chosen to represent thousands of years of history, of legendary fortification, of vast man-made military grandeur with no equal?! 

How is it that "great" has come to describe a nation's most famous symbol of unbroken will and strength AND Tony the Tiger's breakfast cereal? 

I will choose to say instead, that yesterday, I climbed the Amazing-Vibrant-National Treasure-Revelation Inducing-Wonder of the World-Eternal-Healthier Awareness of Myself-Wall of China. "And how was it?" you ask...

It was unbelievable, beautiful, boundless and astounding. To be touching and climbing a structure of such historical significance was for me to realize a moment I have always dreamed of experiencing. To be there the first time amid the fall foliage was perfection. With a Chinese historian husband, no less! Oh, the perks of marrying a nerd. 

So, friends, family, complete strangers who happen upon this blog because I label my entries to direct more google traffic my way:




I hope you experience something Great today. I really mean it.







No comments:

Post a Comment